Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paradise by Coldplay

            I think that the song Paradise by Coldplay is a very nice song. Though it's not my favorite song in the world, I do believe that it has a true and powerful meaning. The song, I think, is mostly about a girl who is young and expects the world to be and easy place and she thought life wouldn't be very hard. But as time passes, she realizes that life isn't easy at all and there will always be something difficult that gets in her way. She realizes that she won't be able to lead a happy life if she keeps expecting it to be perfect and that she is losing hold of her life because she had that idea in her mind. So she decides to try and hide from life. Overall, the way i interpreted this song is that it's about a girl who struggles to get through life because of the way she percieved ife, or expected life to be so easy when she was younger so she ends up trying to escape reality.

            For example, the lines " When she was just a girl, she expected the world," shows the concept of expecting too much out of life. This girl that the song is written about expected the world to be a perfect place and to not be something that was hard. However, that is not how life is. I the next line of the song it says, " But it flew away from her reach." This shows that her expectations of the world were not accurate and life ended up slipping out of her hands. She couldn't grasp and hold onto life because it was becoming difficult for her. Then, following that line, " So she ran away in her sleep, and dreamed of para-para- paradise," shows how she tried to escape the difficulties of life by painting a picture of a perfect world, or "paradise," in her dreams. She couldn't take the pressure of life so she turned away and dreamed of somewhere that wouldn't be so hard and that was her paradise.

            This is important for people to understand, especially young adults like myself. We, as young adults, need to realize, if we haven't already, that life isn't easy. As most teenagers have experienced, it is hard just getting good grades in school. Imagine what it must be like as an adult, to make a living and support yourself and/or your family. No one can go through life expecting everything to go the way they plan, or to be just the way they want, because in reality, life will not be like that. If you do go through your life thinking that, and not expecting bad or difficult things to happen to you, then you will find that it is much harder to live that way. You will be more surprised when you face obstacles and so you will try to hide from verity or the actuality of life just like this girl in the song experienced. Overall, Paradise is a good song that has a deep meaning (in the way I see it) and is a good message for everyone, young people especially.

         

4 comments:

  1. Hey Molly! This is so good! I agree with you. I think that there is no way for life to be perfect, or even relatively easy. I think that people must know that their life will not be perfect. You have to know that bad things will happen. That way, you won't be caught off guard. However, you have to also know that good things will happen, and that is called hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mollymolls!! i really love your post and i love that song. i agree with you. i never really thought about the message of the song because i never really understood the words but i think that you did a great job explaining it to me. thanks girly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post! And that is for sure what the song is about. You're totally right about how irrational the girl is for what she thinks. BUt I think we all were like that when we were little. We've all had the experience of wanting the world and expecting it, but instead getting frustrated parents or a scraped knee. It kind of is a sad song, now that I think of it. But it's happy in the en when she finds a way to escape.
    GOOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Molly! I also wrote about this song and I agree, it's really good message but I also think that somtimes it's okay to escape reality. As long as you don't do it too much (like the girl in this song where she gets sort of addicted to paradise) it's okay. You're right we have to face many obstacles and challenges but as long as were not blocking away the truth I think it's okay to escape once in a while.

    ReplyDelete